Shining a light on mental health, one mind at a time
Mental health resources: link
Allyship information : link
Faculty resources : link
- Create a safe and welcoming space to take first steps into awareness and allyship
- Hold several casual and formal events throughout the year
- Collaborate with the department, college, campus-wide organizations and integrating mental health education and awareness into first-year programs
- Host fundraisers
- Manage the mental health forum
- Work with college and department to lead policy initiatives on student mental health resources
- Promote Kognito at-risk training for faculty and staff
- Encourage a community of care and compassion
Committee applications open at the beginning of each semester! We offer full membership opportunities as well as internships with more flexibility.
If committees aren’t right for you, but you want to remain involved, come to our events!
Follow us on social media for notifications about events and applications opening.
Debunking common myths
Myth: Only CS majors can join
Truth: Anyone is welcome to join, regardless of major or other demographic
Myth: We’re a team of professionals
Truth: We’re a group of students passionate about mental health advocacy
Myth: We require mental health expertise
Truth: We’re looking for passionate individuals and provide trainings to all team members
Connect with us on social media
Facebook: Illinois CS Mental Health Committee